Tuesday, December 10, 2013

MY 25 FAVORITE ALBUMS OF 2013

Listing songs is hard because there are millions to chose from. Listing albums is hard because I don't have the time to listen to an entire album... somehow, I do.
I've listened to all the albums listed below and plenty more. I wish I had listened to even more though. I don't know everything about music and there are probably plenty of bands that earn a spot on here I may have never heard of. Even having attending an amazing Flaming Lips concert this summer, I wasn't a big fan of the album they released this year. I gave the #25 spot to a guy from SLC who isn't popular in any way at all, but I legitimately enjoyed hearing his album more than other folks there. I listen to too much music recommended by critics and not enough recommended by friends. Any recommendations out there?

25: GOTHEN  GOTHEN
24: WE ARE THE 21ST CENTURY AMBASSADORS OF PEACE & MAGIC  FOXYGEN
23: PAIN IS BEAUTY  CHELSEA WOLFE
22: FADE  YO LA TENGO
21: DORIS  EARL SWEATSHIRT
20: CUPID DELUXE  BLOOD ORANGE
19: THE NIGHT'S GAMBIT  KA
18: SHAKING THE HABITUAL  THE KNIFE
17: LOUD CITY SONG  JULIA HOLTER
16: IMMUNITY  JON HOPKINS
15: YOU'RE NOTHING  ICEAGE
14: DREAM RIVER  BILL CALLAHAN
13: RUN THE JEWELS  RUN THE JEWELS
12: VIRGINS  TIM HECKER
11: YEEZUS  KANYE WEST
10: SILENCE YOURSELF  SAVAGES
9: MBV  MY BLOODY VALENTINE
8: WAKIN' ON A PRETTY DAZE  KURT VILE
7: WONDROUS BUGHOUSE  YOUTH LAGOON
6: SUNBATHER  DEAFHEAVEN
5: PSYCHIC  DARKSIDE
4: REFLEKTOR  ARCADE FIRE
3: SETTLE  DISCLOSURE
2: RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES  DAFT PUNK
1: MODERN VAMPIRES OF THE CITY  VAMPIRE WEEKEND



No comments:

Post a Comment