Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Some Lists Before I Make My End-of the-Year Music Lists

I've noticed a few leading music critics have already done their lists for 2013's album of the year.
I plan on making a list of MY FAVORITE ALBUMS OF 2013, and even a short list for SONGS.
I am 100% sure what it's going to look like. I will have it up in about a week.
But until then, I thought it'd be appropriate to share a couple of different lists...

8 ALBUMS FROM LAST YEAR THAT I STILL ACTUALLY LISTEN TO:
#8- Godspeed You! Black Emperor- 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
#7-  Death Grips- The Money Store
#6- Beach House- Bloom
#5- Fiona Apple- The Idler Wheel...
#4- Swans- The Seer
#3- Japandroids- Celebration Rock
#2- Frank Ocean- Channel Orange
#1- Kendrick Lamar- good kid, m.A.A.d city
(i also listen to the occasional Flying Lotus, Converge, Tame Impala and Cloud Nothings these days)

FAVORITE ALBUMS OF THE NEW DECADE:
#10- my #2 album from this year 2013
#9- Fleet Foxes- Helplessness Blues 2011
#8- Frank Ocean- Channel Orange 2012
#7- Destroyer- Kaputt 2011
#6- my #1 album from this year 2013
#5- LCD Soundsystem- This Is Happening 2010
#4- Kanye West- My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy 2010
#3- Kendrick Lamar- good kid, m.A.A.d city (this is my #1 on a good day) 2012
#2- Beach House- Teen Dream (same here) 2010
#1- Bon Iver- Bon Iver 2011

WHY DID I POST THIS? TOP 3 REASONS:
#3- I think about this a lot more often than I'd like to admit
#2- Needed a break from homework
#1- Actually, I'm getting back to that RIGHT NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment