Friday, October 10, 2014

A Slew of Music Blogs Are Coming...

Well, there are less than 3 month left in 2014. 10 months ago today, I made my year-end albums list for 2013. I plan on doing the same for 2014 around that same time. The end of this also wraps up the first half of a decade. This also ought to come with accompanying lists for the time period. Here are the lists I will be making in the next 2 months:

1-The Last 5 Years In Music: TRAXX
I know this year isn't even over yet, but my opinion of songs change all the time anyway. Also, it's not like I've heard every song in the world, so of course this list is going to come with biases. I wasn't even going to make one, but I sat down today and listed my favorite songs from the last 5 years... and it added up to about 50.

2- 5 Albums I Should Talk About
There are 5 particular albums from the first half of this decade that lots of critics love to death. I like them all, even love a couple of them. But they're all overreated-not by a ton, by just basically overrated. And I'm gonna tell ya why.

3-Favorite Songs of 2014
This may seem irrelevant because I already made a list of songs. However, there's always the chance that my opinion has changed... or perhaps there are just a few extra tracks from 2014 that I feel deserve their respective praise.

4-Favorite Albums of 2014
I'm an "album" guy. That's the important musical release to me. I don't have iTunes. I can't buy songs. I buy albums. And always will.

5-The Last 5 Years In Music: ALBUMS
This is a very very big one for me. These last 5 years have been important to my life. I listen to more albums than most folks. So I'm gonna hold back this list for as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment