Wednesday, September 11, 2013

ONE DAY

I just wanted to remind everyone that today is September 11. On this day in 2001, I was in the 5th grade & was very unemotional about the event. I was a dumb kid and didn't take it seriously. I guess I don't have much to say about 9/11/01 that nobody else can say. But I do know that this ONE DAY has impacted the nation ever since. There have been wars, conspiracy theories, economic issues, unjust angst & justified angst alike... But in ONE DAY, over 2750 people died on US soil. That's about 25% of my hometown, Jerome. No matter what happened, we KNOW that THAT happened.
(Side note: For the last 2 weeks, my Facebook cover photo was a picture of the Marina City towers in Chicago. It may have looked like the World Trade Center buildings, but it wasn't...)
Is the United States of America the greatest country in the world? If you're from the US, the answer is yes. Is it a perfect country? It never has been. So I'd just like to see ONE DAY on internet where we don't have to see any stupid posts about how "OBAMA IS PURPOSELY MESSING UP OUR COUNTRY," or about how "GEORGE BUSH WAS A TYRANT," and especially nothing like "THOSE RAG-HEADS IN THE MIDDLE-EAST ARE TRYING TO BLOW US UP." At the end of the day, our political biases amount to crap, especially on a day like today. You can definitely give it a rest for ONE DAY.
Please at least remember the fact that September 11, 2001, was a somber, transformative moment in the history of a country that has done everything in it's power for the last 250 years to keep people alive and well. If you care to disagree with that statement, unfriend me.
God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment