Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Complaint Box, Vol. 1

After a 3 day weekend of basically zero worries, I'm back in school and have come to a cold realization:
Oh. Wait. I'm a journalism major.
This means I have to do something on a daily basis that I often avoid:
Actually follow the news.
Anyways, I have not been following the news and I have an assignment or 2 due this week that tells me I should have been doing that for the last week. I also realize that I kinda suck at writing news, but I guess I'll get better at that. As for staying up to date with current events, it will be quite hard for me to give a crap. So I just consider this a humbling experience. A humbling experience that I really really really don't like.
Not like I don't find the news interesting, but I'm just too self-conscious to dedicate time to it.
And my feisty comment of the day: Most people reading this don't follow the news, either. Some people out there think they do, and they act like smart-@$$es about it.
Shout outs go to my brother Keith, Hyrum Hemingway, Patrick Harberd, Mr Brown, Ross Irwin + many others I can't think of right now. You guys follow the news and don't focus on 1 story all week.
It took me about 10 minutes to write this. I will now be pulling news stories from the past week from my butt and spilling them onto the class's discussion board.
"Fight the powers that be." -Public Enemy

No comments:

Post a Comment