Sunday, August 8, 2021

Allie Song 1: "TRIGGER"


Shining inside
Feels bona fide
It's almost like I'm free
Reality hits
It all goes to shit
I forget how to breathe 
I remember
My insecurities
The sins nobody sees
And the trigger 
Gets pulled at random...

2009
That's the first time
I really lost control
Years of regret 
And student loan debt
Chip away at my soul
But the worst part
Is watching people laugh
From behind the glass
And the trigger
Gets pulled from somewhere...

You'd think that I would come around
And find where I belong
But something always shoots me down
Guess I'll fly and fall for all my songs

Stare into space
At the workplace
Wond'ring how I got here
What's a paycheck
If you can't connect
With any real career?
It's the last thing
I think before I break
Daily, give-or-take
Then the memories start piling up
Suddenly I'm stuck
Cycling through sensations that I've felt
Pains that I've withheld
Words and places and the faces of
People I once loved
My chest feels weird and the LED hurts my eyes
I think I'm gonna die
But I can't clock out 'til 5
I wish I could just hide...

Shining inside
Feels bona fide
It's almost like I'm free
And the trigger 
Must be pulled by someone...

No comments:

Post a Comment