Saturday, November 21, 2020

The 30 Best Artists Of My 30-Year Life

Couldn't make it past my 30th birthday without making a random music list. I've been alive from 1990-2020. Here are possibly the best artists from that era.
FOR THE RECORD...
-I recently had a facebook conversation with my sister about the music critic world being ruled by white men. This is definitely a list made by a white male.
-These are probably the best artists of my lifetime, not necessarily my "favorite." My favorites would include more artists that were big when I was in high school during the late 2000's. 
-Wu-Tang Clan is on this list. Namely because of all the amazing solo projects that came from them. In that aspect, they are better than The Beatles. 
-This list wasn't hard to make because I didn't think too hard about it. ONLY 30 artists? With that being said, I have an honorable mentions list of 30 artists. Here it is. 

MIA. Fiona Apple. Guided By Voices. Missy Elliott. Cat Power. The White Stripes. Spoon. Clipse. The Smashing Pumpkins. Stereolab. REM. Broken Social Scene. Oasis. Pulp. Blur. Beach House. TV On The Radio. Joanna Newsom. The Magnetic Fields. Mark Kozelek. Will Oldham. Phil Elverum. Massive Attack. Bill Callahan. Destroyer. Weezer. Beastie Boys. The National. Erykah Badu. D'Angelo.

Now here's the actual list. No blurbs, just cool pictures. 

The 30 Best Artists Of My 30-Year Life

30 Godspeed You! Black Emperor

29 Eminem

28 Vampire Weekend

27 Arcade Fire

26 Belle & Sebastian

25 PJ Harvey

24 LCD Soundsystem

23 Built To Spill

22 Yo La Tengo

21 Modest Mouse

20 A Tribe Called Quest 

19 Wu-Tang Clan

18 Frank Ocean

17 Sufjan Stevens

16 Fugazi

15 Daft Punk

14 Aphex Twin

13 Beck

12 Wilco

11 The Flaming Lips

10 Bjork

Elliott Smith

Jay-Z

Animal Collective

Nirvana

OutKast

Pavement

Kendrick Lamar

Kanye West

Radiohead

No comments:

Post a Comment