Saturday, December 27, 2014

I'm Taking A Hiatus From Blogging

I'm taking a hiatus from blogging.
I'll most likely write blogs but save them as drafts for the time being.
It probably won't be long. But it will feel long to me. Because I do it all the time.
I had a rant last night about knowledge of modern music and how I feel far behind, yet there's no real purpose in developing more. My sister-in-law claimed that I was thinking too hard about it, which is an understatement. Afterwards I decided I needed to really start devoting time to songwriting. I had this whole big ordeal about how I'd quit music criticism to make my own music. Yet I still just critiqued music on my blog anyway. It ought to stop.
Lastly, my last semester was socially the most bizarre experience ever. I would say it was unsuccessful, but I've done much worse. I would say it was discomforting, but I've done much worse in that aspect as well. I had just taken a step down from spring semester's social ventures. A big step. We had this lesson in church about dating. Our teacher said we need to stop mastering the art of texting and work on talking in person. I rarely text, so I thought it didn't apply to me. Though I am bad at texting and don't like it, I was also bad socializing in person at this point of my life! What I do? Blogging. I then thought of the phrase: "How can I say 'I love you in a blog post?" It ought to stop. 
Here are some lyrics I've recently been working on:
Pining For The Past http://scottleft.blogspot.com/2014/10/pining-for-past.html
People As Objects http://scottleft.blogspot.com/2014/11/people-as-objects.html
I'd Be Worried Too http://scottleft.blogspot.com/2014/10/summertime-bluesid-be-worried-too.html

1 comment:

  1. Blanket statements about dating and social behaviour, while also dangerous, lack the nuance necessary to be relevant to people outside "the norm".

    ReplyDelete