Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Summertime Power Rankings

Summer is my favorite time of the year. Although I must say April is my favorite month; the weather starts getting better and stuff. When it comes to entire seasons, I prefer the one where I don't go to school. 
My summer is coming to a close. I think the same thing at the end of each summer: I could have done more. My regret levels lower every year because I realize I'm an adult with a job and perhaps I don't have much time on my hands. I have come to terms with my regrets and feel like it's fair to rank my summers (starting with my first entire summer in Idaho, age 16). Ranked from worst-to-best (like all good lists).

*2012 I feel like I owe everybody I met that summer an apology. I was at Redfish Lake Lodge for my second time, I was barely off my mission and I was on anti-anxiety pills. I remember being a different person that summer; someone who couldn't keep his mouth shut and was pretty immature. Being anxious while being at the greatest place on Earth? Not that great.
Bodega Bay, 2014
*2007 I didn't live in Stockton anymore. It was my first "real" summer. I just didn't know how to do it right. I was unemployed and rarely even looked for jobs. I spent a lot of time listening to the new radio station, 103.1 I-Rock, which played alternative rock chart music. I was lazy and melancholia. I had friends, but was real quiet around them. I miss that radio station.
*2014 This summer really wasn't that bad. These last 2 month have been the most mentally/emotionally sound I've been in my life. Went on a lot of cool hikes. Hung out with some cool friends. I guess this summer was just over-shadowed by an AWESOME spring time, which was divided by a month of unemployment.
*2010 This was easily my worst summer ever, mentally. I was suffering from some painful anxiety and depression and didn't even know what I had. My mind was in a lonely place. However, physically, I was in Powell River, British Columbia. I have written songs for and about the beautiful people I met there and the beautiful things I saw. The people and the scenery helped me through a dark time.
*2013 Let it be known that I am more emotionally and mentally stable now than I was last summer. But considering how sucky summer 2012 was, summer 2013 was very refreshing. I've kept a lot of friendships from that summer, and they're GOOD ones too. My first summer in Logan. Also possibly my most social summer. Thanks guys! 
*2008 "The Summer of Endless Dreams" -Wyatt Shewmaker
...I just remember having a lot of fun and getting grounded every week. But okay. TW$
Langley DIstrict, 2011
*2011 My mind was not mentally stable in this summer. I was on anti-anxiety meds. But my companion was Elder Graham McKenzie, we were in the Langley District and part of the Abbotsford Zone. This summer was the most goofy fun moment I had all mission long. My comp and I had some deep talks. We also had a ton of inside jokes nobody knows about that make me crack up when I'm alone. We also had our final zone conference with Pres Nelson, which made me cry like a baby. There was some true comrade re built here. 
*2009 My first summer living away from home... at Redfish Lake. NO CONTEST. I just feel like I remember everything...
Mt Thompson, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment