Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Scott E Hall/my own musics on the internets?

These days, I have a part time job, looking for full time.  Until then, I've been itching to post some videos of myself playing stuff on my guitar in different parts of Logan.  I mostly have covers in mind, but I've been cooking up some stuff of my own.  Problem is, I keep coming up with tons of song names/song concepts, but writing full lyrics to an entire song is kind of a drag.  So screw it.
When it comes to what kind of genre I play, it's a tough call- especially considering the only instruments I own are a 45 year old acoustic guitar, an electric guitar I bought in the 8th grade, and a harmonica I can barely play.  No keyboard, no laptop.  And I'm not in a band or anything either.  So screw it.
I've been listening to hipster disco/dance music all morning.  Irrelevant.
I've got lots and lots of lyrics/musics sitting on my shelves right now.  And I think I'll take some of the most stripped down ones and put some stuff up on the internets- uh, facebook- uh, soon.  So, uh, yeah.  Here are some things I've been experimenting with.  Stuff that I kinda put into my own hands, may or may not sound much like the original.  Amongst the covers:
"Sail Away" (Randy Newman)
"Grown Ocean" (Fleet Foxes)
"Walking the Cow" (Daniel Johnston)
"All Apologies" (Nirvana)
Amongst my own stuff:  (sigh) It never begins, it never ends.
But I promise at least 1 video before next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment