Friday, May 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Bob Dylan/"NOW LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT..."

Today is the 72nd birthday of one of the greatest artists/musicians/poets of the last 3 generations: Bob Dylan.  Just yesterday, I woke up wondering what I thought the greatest albums of all time were.  I made a list of about 30 albums.  4 of them were by Bob Dylan- Highway 61 Revisited, Blonde On Blonde, Bringing It All Back Home, Blood On The Tracks... I'm sure that if I thought of absolutely everything out there, we'd come across The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan and The Basement Tapes (amongst others) eventually.  Rolling Stone's #2 greatest rock artist of all time and definitely deserving of it.
NOW LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT:
There will be a very special concert in Salt Lake City on August 1, 2013: The Americanarama Tour.  This includes My Morning Jacket, Wilco (whom made my favorite album of the last decade, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot) and the man himself, Bob Dylan.  It will be held at the USANA Amphitheatre and tickets range from $80-$33.  NOW LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT:
THESE GUYS...
 
Will be playing with THIS GUY...
...FOR 33 DOLLARS.
I'M JUST SAYIN'.

No comments:

Post a Comment