Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Best Music of 2012

I made a list of my favorite songs of the year and re-did my list of favorite albums.  I have a lot to say about them, but I think I'll save myself the writing time and save you the reading time.  There is nothing by Alabama Shakes, Burial or Killer Mike on here.  For the record, I think they all had an awesome year.  Anyways, here's what the lists look like!
ALBUMS
#10: The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do  Fiona Apple
#9: Until the Quiet Comes   Flying Lotus
#8: Attack on Memory  Cloud Nothings
#7: The Seer  Swans
#6: good kid, m.A.A.d city   Kendrick Lamar
#5: Kill for Love   Chromatics
#4: 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!   Godspeed You! Black Emperor
#3: Bloom   Beach House
#2: Celebration Rock   Japandroids
#1: Channel Orange   Frank Ocean
SONGS
#25: "Ramada Inn" -Neil Young & Crazy Horse
#24: "Sleeping Ute" -Grizzly Bear
#23: "Today's Supernatural" -Animal Collective
#22: "Genesis" -Grimes
#21: "Headin' for the Top Now" -Spiritualized
#20: "Watch the Corners" -Dinosaur Jr
#19: "Oldie" -Odd Future
#18: "Looking for Love" -Chromatics
#17: "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" -Flaming Lips ft Erykah Badu
#16: "Take A Walk" -Passion Pit
#15: "Every Single Night" -Fiona Apple
#14: "Fire's Highway" -Japandroids
#13: "Elephant" -Tame Impala
#12: "me yesterday// Corded" -Flying Lotus
#11: "The Seer Returns" -Swans ft Jarboe
#10: "Stay Useless" -Cloud Nothings
#9: "Mercy" -Kanye West ft Big Sean, Pusha T & 2 Chainz
#8: "Loftcries" -Purity Ring
#7: "Swimming Pools (Drank)" -Kendrick Lamar
#6: "Sweet Life" -Frank Ocean
#5: "Lazuli" -Beach House
#4: "Myth" -Beach House
#3: "Kill for Love" -Chromatics
#2: "Thinkin' Bout You" -Frank Ocean
#1: "The House That Heaven Built" -Japandroids

No comments:

Post a Comment