Wednesday, February 28, 2018

A Promo Of Sorts


I just found out there's an old guy who lives 2 blocks away from me with his own recording studio. So there goes my next paycheck.
I think in a of my couple blogs in the last couple months, I've spouted out comments along the lines of, like, "People never talk about things I think about. So I never bring it up." This commentary is 100% true yet 100% vague. For the most part, I'm referring to music. Not so much the stupid hipster music taste I've developed over the years, but the fact that I'm always cooking up songs. Like, on a daily basis. Nobody says stuff like that. So I've always considered it something embarrassing to admit. But yeah, screw it, I want to record some freaking selfwritten music. 
So I know tons of people who can help me with recording music, and probably at a cheaper price at that. For some reason, for the last couple months, I've romanticized the idea of recording with someone I don't know. Many active local musicians are my friends + acquaintances, and they have equipment to help me out. But I walk down Canyon Rd every day, and I love the idea of recording music on this very street. 
I guess I could record plenty of instrumental parts in this dudes studio, and it would sound niiiiice. Yet I don't want to lie to my audience. Why should a 27yearold dude living below the poverty level try to convince people he's "the next big indie altpop act" or some fake garbage like that? If my songwriting skills can't keep a minimalist song interesting, I'm obviously not doing my job. 
I want to crank these songs out. Make it a quick recording process, for financial purposes. I'd like to finish an EP or LP or some godforsaken body of music within the next 2 months. That sounds feasible to me. 
What would my music sound like? I'll narrow it down for you: 
I will not be rapping
Each song will just be my voice + an acoustic guitar or two
From there, not even I know
What would my songs be about? Like hell I'm telling you that much!
Anyways, I guess this blog post counts as a super vague promo for my supposedly upcoming music. I've taken this approach before, but not like this... I actually have a plan now, and people actually read my crap now. So shall it be written, so shall it be done.
I just hope people hear my songs. And that my songs don't suck.


I'm actually not a "poetry" guy, but it's the principle that matters here.

No comments:

Post a Comment