Friday, November 8, 2013

My Personal Hipster Victories

I have apparently been getting my name out in the world of hipster things.
I'm cool like that.
and of course, i listed them...
#9-I have the top comment on a youtube video of a high school a cappella choir covering The Dirty Projectors' "Cannibal Resource."
#8-Whenever Anthony Fantano answers the stupid stuff I post on his wall (ex: Me- "Is there a count for how many times a Fugazi album has been in the background of your reviews this year?" Him- "Nobody is counting that.")
#7-I talked on the phone at work with a guy from Eau Claire, WI. He was friends w/ Justin Vernon's mom. His kids went to high school w/ Justin Vernon.
#6-I had an email interview with the man who does official college radio promoting for tons of indie bands. To name a few: M83, Destroyer, Wilco... this guy was friends with Jeff Tweedy
#5-Just weeks before Lou Reed passed away, I had the top comment on a youtube video for The Velvet Underground & Nico full album.
#4-Whoever works the LCD Soundsystem Facebook page commented on something I posted on their wall last week (They said "why thank you!" ...If this Facebook page is ran by James Murphy, this might move up to #1.)
#3-I stood next to the lead singer of Swearin' (Allison Crutchfield) at a Japandroids show. Told her she did a great job, gave her a high 5 and we rocked out.
#2-I have the top comment on youtube for the official video of Grizzly Bear's "While You Wait for the Others."
#1-The lead singer for Japandroids (Brian King) walked by me before the show (with his girlfriend), noticed my Vancouver Canucks jersey and stopped to say, "Hey dude, nice shirt!" Thanks.





"Cannibal Resource" a capella cover
"While You Wait for the Others" official
Whole album.

2 comments:

  1. Your comment for Grizzly Bear is how they will never be as good as Veckatimist. I guess a lot of people agree with you, but like the song still. It's just kind of odd, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Veckatimist' is the name of the album this song comes from

      Delete